2017 NED Western Regional
Spring Convention & Contests
International Quartet Prelims Finals
May 5-7, 2017 • LAKE GEORGE, NY
Mountain and Yankee Divisions Contests Quartet, Chorus, VLQ Contests & International Preliminary Quartet Contest
Venue: Lake George Junior-Senior High School • 381 Canada Street • Lake George NY 12845 • <[<<MAP>>]>
HQ Hotel: Fort William Henry Hotel • 48 Canada Street • Lake George NY • <[<<MAP>>]>
Hosted by: "Saratoga Soundtrack" Chorus - Sweet Adelines chapter • Thank you! • www.saratogasoundtrack.org
Questions? (select name link): Hotel: DVP-Events: Bob Bradley / Contests & Judging: Alan Lamson / Marketing & PR: Steve Salamin
WESTERN REGIONAL CONVENTION REGISTRATION
Online Event Registration for the WESTERN Convention is NOW CLOSED for Competitors.
DEADLINE to Register Online was APRIL 29.
Each member of your quartet, chorus and/or VLQ is required to purchase a convention registration. Now ON-SITE only.
- For comments, questions or concerns about Convention Registrations please contact the NED Registrars at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember that every member must have a registration and will be required to show their badge before appearing on stage.
- TICKETS for the Saturday Night BIG Show also available below:
- A registered, attending Western Contest competitor, anyone who is singing this weekend in any contest at Lake George, does NOT need to buy a ticket for the show. Your REGISTRATION badge/pass admits you into the show. No extra charge!
- Order your group's CONTEST performance video at this same registration site:
Fort William Henry Hotel
48 Canada St., Lake George, NY 12845
Room rate: $85 std. 2-dbl., $99 larger room, $125 for large suites.
Hotel Restaurant - breakfast, lunch, dinner • "Blacksmith Tavern"
To place reservation call 1-800-234-0267
or direct at (518) 668-3081
and mention you a part of the
Northeastern District (NED)
"Barbershop Harmony Society"
for special rate and reserved space.
Junior-Senior High School
381 Canada Street
Lake George, NY 12845
Contest Program: Ready! Cool beans!
Posting Tuesday May 2 @ 10AM
Now Available to Download, View, Print -
A 32-page booklet FULL of cool information, ads, notes, NED Programs, and more!
2 versions available here:
- download "READERS" spread and view on your computer or mobile device.
- 2.6 Mb download PDF doc
- download "PRINTERS" to print. Best on a machine that can print on both sides (duplex), and the page layout will properly fall where needed. Fold in-half (long).
- 2.6 Mb download PDF doc
Questions or Comments always welcome! Contact the Editor & Publisher - Steve Salamin
SHARE the LOVE! SHOW the SUPPORT! ATTEND the EVENTS!
Be sure to THANK each of the advertisers for their support!
And... Do patronize/respond to their message/effort!
Good luck to all contestants!
Thank you for your consideration and support!
2017 NED WESTERN Spring Contest Bidding is now CLOSED!
Yes! Lookin for the Best Seat in the House?
It is BETTER than front row seats!
Harmony Foundation International and the BHS Contest & Judging program are teaming up to auction off a single seat at each & every contest session, including Division, District, Prelims, Mid-Winter and International. So if you’ve ever wanted to test out your judging chops, you can bid on a seat, and sit with the Judge of your choice at the 2017 NED Western Regional Division & District Quartet Prelims Contest in Lake George - and be a ‘Judge for a Day’ !
Select the image above/right -or- the button below - for more info and to enter/bid!
FINAL Schedule of Events
Revision 5 - updated 5/2 (01:00 AM)
Friday, May 5, 2017 • 6:30 PM (Mountain & Yankee Quartet & Int'l Prelims Semi-Finals)
- 4:00 PM — 8:30 PM: Competitor Pre-Registration OPEN (Fort William Henry Hotel)
- 5:30 PM — 7:00 PM: Attendee & all On-Site Registration OPEN (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 6:00 PM: Auditorium Doors OPEN for the audience/attendees (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 6:30 PM — 10:15 PM: Mountain & Yankee & Int'l Prelims Quartet Semi-Finals
- 10:25 PM*: Announcements* (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 11:00 PM — 1:00 AM: Quartet Evaluations* (Fort William Henry Hotel)
Saturday, May 6, 2017 • 11:00 AM (Mountain & Yankee Divisions Chorus Finals)
- 9:30 AM — 11:30 AM: Competitor Registration OPEN (Fort William Henry Hotel)
- 10:00 AM — 11:30 AM: School & all On-Site Registration OPEN (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 10:30 AM: Auditorium Doors OPEN for the audience/attendees (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 11:00 AM — 2:40 PM: Mountain & Yankee Divisions Chorus Finals/VLQ Contest (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 2:55 PM*: Announcements* (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 3:10 PM* — 4:40 PM: Chorus Evaluations* (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 3:10 PM — 5:00 PM: New! Seniors Chorus Rehearsal #2 (West) - (Fort William Henry Hotel - room tba)
Saturday, May 6, 2017 • 6:15 PM (International Prelims Quartet Finals & BIG SHOW)
- 4:30 PM: School OPENS.
- 4:45 PM — 6:45 PM: On-Site Registration OPEN (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 5:45 PM: Auditorium Doors OPEN for the audience/attendees (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 6:15 PM — 7:50 PM: International Prelims Finals
- 8:10 PM*: Announcements*
- 8:30 PM* — 10:00 PM: The BIG Show! (see below!)
- 10:15 PM* — 11:35 PM: Quartet Evaluations(Fort William Henry Hotel)
* Note: start times dependent on the previous event's ending time (via contest length)
AFTER THE CONTEST IS OVER...
*Saturday Night BIG Show
at the HIGH SCHOOL!
Featuring an award winning line-up
of SPECIAL GUEST performers!
- "Voices of Gotham"
Chorus from Hell's Kitchen chapter, Manhattan NYC.
- "Category 4"
the new arrangement of the quartet "A Mighty Wind" with current NED'er Kirk Young on bass - and headed to 2017 Internationals in Las Vegas!
Current BHS 2016 International Champions, in the house, on stage! Yup - that's former NED'er Drew Wheaton on tenor!
PUBLIC TICKETS / Registration
$20 - General Seating. Event CLOSED.
Admits one to the entire Saturday night event, beginning at 5:45 PM with the NED Finals Quartet Contest.
The evening begins at 5:45 PM with the "Top 10" District International Preliminary Quartet Finals Contest. That's our TOP 10 Northeastern (and maybe other) quartets vying for spots to go to Society International Contests in July in Las Vegas!
Followed by the BIG Show at approx. 8:15 PM. (doors open at 5:15 PM)
Tickets are available NOW online at the NED Contest Registration site (Eventbrite). Purchases are secure and require a credit card
Please note: You MUST print a "ticket" yourself - and bring with you!
Lake George Tourism sites - select any - and learn more about Lake George and attractions!
Lake George in the Spring!
Visit Fort William Henry
Re-opens May 5!
The Fort William Henry is located next to the hotel, on the grounds and for those interested in history please stay over on Sunday and tour the fort.
Fort Ticonderoga located on the northern end of the lake.
Boat tours of Lake George may be available:
- Lake George Steamboat Company - 1st Sunday, May 7 - LUNCH CRUISE on the Lac du Saint Sacrement, the largest of our cruise ships: <[<<HERE>>]>
Other aREA Attractions, Information – More To Do:
More on HOTEL Dining available: <[<<HERE>>]>
- The Blacksmith Tavern located in the conference center will be open into the night on Saturday for bar food and drinks.
Other Dining options in the area: Go <[<<HERE>>]>
- Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ - close to the hotel, great ribs dining
- Mama Riso's Italian Restaurant - 2119 State Route 9 (Canada St.)
Hotel is a short walk to town - the village of Lake George is a resort location catering to tourists, in the village are 22 restaurants and more shops.
Factory Outlets of Lake George - 4 different outlet centers,
about 5 miles SOUTH on Route 9 in Queensbury, NY - go here for details: http://www.factoryoutletsoflakegeorge.com/
The Adirondack Winery, located at 285 Canada Street. Details here: http://www.adirondackwinery.com/