Fort William Henry Hotel
48 Canada St., Lake George, NY 12845
Room rate: $85 std. 2-dbl., $99 larger room, $125 for large suites.
Hotel Restaurant - breakfast, lunch, dinner • "Blacksmith Tavern"
To place reservation call 1-800-234-0267
or direct at (518) 668-3081
and mention you a part of the
Northeastern District (NED)
"Barbershop Harmony Society"
for special rate and reserved space.
Junior-Senior High School
381 Canada Street
Lake George, NY 12845
Contest Program: Ready! Cool beans!
Posting Tuesday May 2 @ 10AM
Now Available to Download, View, Print -
A 32-page booklet FULL of cool information, ads, notes, NED Programs, and more!
2 versions available here:
- download "READERS" spread and view on your computer or mobile device.
- 2.6 Mb download PDF doc
- download "PRINTERS" to print. Best on a machine that can print on both sides (duplex), and the page layout will properly fall where needed. Fold in-half (long).
- 2.6 Mb download PDF doc
Questions or Comments always welcome! Contact the Editor & Publisher - Steve Salamin
SHARE the LOVE! SHOW the SUPPORT! ATTEND the EVENTS!
Be sure to THANK each of the advertisers for their support!
And... Do patronize/respond to their message/effort!
Good luck to all contestants!
Thank you for your consideration and support!
FINAL Schedule of Events
Revision 5 - updated 5/2 (01:00 AM)
Friday, May 5, 2017 • 6:30 PM (Mountain & Yankee Quartet & Int'l Prelims Semi-Finals)
- 4:00 PM — 8:30 PM: Competitor Pre-Registration OPEN (Fort William Henry Hotel)
- 5:30 PM — 7:00 PM: Attendee & all On-Site Registration OPEN (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 6:00 PM: Auditorium Doors OPEN for the audience/attendees (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 6:30 PM — 10:15 PM: Mountain & Yankee & Int'l Prelims Quartet Semi-Finals
- 10:25 PM*: Announcements* (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 11:00 PM — 1:00 AM: Quartet Evaluations* (Fort William Henry Hotel)
Saturday, May 6, 2017 • 11:00 AM (Mountain & Yankee Divisions Chorus Finals)
- 9:30 AM — 11:30 AM: Competitor Registration OPEN (Fort William Henry Hotel)
- 10:00 AM — 11:30 AM: School & all On-Site Registration OPEN (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 10:30 AM: Auditorium Doors OPEN for the audience/attendees (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 11:00 AM — 2:40 PM: Mountain & Yankee Divisions Chorus Finals/VLQ Contest (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 2:55 PM*: Announcements* (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 3:10 PM* — 4:40 PM: Chorus Evaluations* (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 3:10 PM — 5:00 PM: New! Seniors Chorus Rehearsal #2 (West) - (Fort William Henry Hotel - room tba)
Saturday, May 6, 2017 • 6:15 PM (International Prelims Quartet Finals & BIG SHOW)
- 4:30 PM: School OPENS.
- 4:45 PM — 6:45 PM: On-Site Registration OPEN (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 5:45 PM: Auditorium Doors OPEN for the audience/attendees (Lake George Sr/Jr High School)
- 6:15 PM — 7:50 PM: International Prelims Finals
- 8:10 PM*: Announcements*
- 8:30 PM* — 10:00 PM: The BIG Show! (see below!)
- 10:15 PM* — 11:35 PM: Quartet Evaluations(Fort William Henry Hotel)
* Note: start times dependent on the previous event's ending time (via contest length)
AFTER THE CONTEST IS OVER...
*Saturday Night BIG Show
at the HIGH SCHOOL!
Featuring an award winning line-up
of SPECIAL GUEST performers!
- "Voices of Gotham"
Chorus from Hell's Kitchen chapter, Manhattan NYC.
- "Category 4"
the new arrangement of the quartet "A Mighty Wind" with current NED'er Kirk Young on bass - and headed to 2017 Internationals in Las Vegas!
Current BHS 2016 International Champions, in the house, on stage! Yup - that's former NED'er Drew Wheaton on tenor!
PUBLIC TICKETS / Registration
$20 - General Seating. Event CLOSED.
Admits one to the entire Saturday night event, beginning at 5:45 PM with the NED Finals Quartet Contest.
The evening begins at 5:45 PM with the "Top 10" District International Preliminary Quartet Finals Contest. That's our TOP 10 Northeastern (and maybe other) quartets vying for spots to go to Society International Contests in July in Las Vegas!
Followed by the BIG Show at approx. 8:15 PM. (doors open at 5:15 PM)
Tickets are available NOW online at the NED Contest Registration site (Eventbrite). Purchases are secure and require a credit card
Please note: You MUST print a "ticket" yourself - and bring with you!