What to Expect During Check-In & Check-Out at HXNE2017
Process Updated: July 28, 2017
What to Expect During Check-In
All participants should arrive during their designated check-in time period, but it’s important to remember, to plan for enough time to complete all of the check-in process – we don’t want you to feel rushed if you arrive too close to the closing time. (Tip: The longest lines tend to be at the very beginning and very end of check-in).
When arriving at Worcester State University (WSU), participants should go to Sheehan Hall. Baggage may be left in the designated space in the lobby of Sheehan Hall. The only items needed for the check-in process is any missing paperwork not submitted in advance and bottled medications (if necessary).
Check-In Times for Participants
- Check-In Times for Participants vary by registration type as well as size of your group.
- If you are a camper and are attending with a group of people (such as school group or car pool) and they are at an alternate check-in time, please arrive with the majority of your group.
- Peer Leaders: Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 11:00am
- Chaperones: Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 11:00am
- Campers: Thursday, August 3, 2017
- If you are arriving with 3 or more attendees: at 2:00pm
- If you are arriving alone or with one other attendee: at 3:00pm
- Music Educators: Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 3:30pm
CHECK-IN PART ONE:
Administrative & Meet the Director
Administrative & Meet the Director check-in must be done first. This takes place in the lobby of Sheehan Hall.
At Administrative & Meet the Director check-in participants will:
- Retrieve “Check-in/Check-Out” Card (example copy attached)
- Confirm with the Director that all required forms have been received and are complete. No participant may attend camp without all required forms being completed and signed by a guardian (if under 18).
- Confirm with the Director that participants bill is paid in full.
- Confirm Emergency Contacts listed on registration forms
- Meet and Ask the Director any questions or mention comments or concerns.
CHECK-IN PART TWO:
Health and Safety
Health and Safety check-in will be facilitated by the HXNE Health and Safety Team.
At Health and Safety check-in participants will:
- Participants will be asked to confirm medications on person during Harmony Explosion Camp Northeast
- Participants will be asked to confirm current medical conditions or new conditions
- Also, participants will be asked to confirm with participants are “feeling healthy and well
- Receive Colored Wristband
- Participants will be expected to keep wristbands on at all times and may not be removed until checkout with the Health and Safety Coordinators at the end of camp.
- If a wristband falls off or is missing, a new one must be replaced with the HXNE Director or the Health and Safety Team.
- Participants will confirm three (3) contacts who are authorized to pick-up camper (if under 18)
- Receive Colored Wristband
CHECK-IN PART THREE:
Welcome Packet, Classes & Music
Welcome Packet, Classes & Music check-in will take place also in the Sheehan Hall Lobby and is facilitated by our HXNE Staff.
At Welcome Packet & Music Confirmation check-In, participants will:
- Get Welcome Packet which includes
- HXNE Evaluation Form
- HXNE Master Schedule
- HXNE Class Options for consideration. When completed, they should return their choices to their chaperone before dinnertime.
- Worcester State University Campus Map
- Sheet Music for Chorus Rehearsals (Please be sure to get the right, respective packet!)
CHECK-IN PART FOUR:
Room Assignments & Key Access
Room Assignments & Key Access check-in will be facilitated by Worcester State University Staff.
At Room Assignment & Key Access check-in, participants will:
- Get room assignment and roommate assignment
- Get key access card
- Get lanyard
CHECK-IN PART FIVE:
Luggage pick-up will take place in the Sheehan Hall Lobby, facilitated by HXNE Staff.
At Luggage pick-up participants will retrieve luggage left behind before starting check-in process
CHECK-IN PART SIX:
Find Dorm Room & Meet Chaperone
Dorm room location and meet chaperone, will take place in Sheehan Hall on the respective floor/room assignment. Music Educators may just go to their room as assigned.
- Locate Dorm Room assignment given to them during check-in
- Bring all personal belongings to dorm room, begin to unpack bags and get settled
- Meet their roommate assigned to them
- If a camper or peer leader, participants will be greeted by their chaperone that will have their name badge and team/group assignment.
- Parents/Guardians will be able to ask questions of the chaperone or camp staff.
- Once participant enters dorm room, they are officially under the supervision of the camp. If they wish to leave the dorm, they can only do so by being signed out by their parents or pre-approved guardian with the HXNE Director.
- Participants will turn over “Check-in/Check-out” card.
- If a camper, participants will turn over their card to their chaperone
- If a music educator, participants will turn over their card to the Music Education Coordinator
- If a peer leader, participants will turn over their card to the Peer Leader Coordinator
What to Expect
All participants must officially check-out in order to leave Worcester State University officially as described below.
The two main check-out periods occur: (other check-out plans must be made in advance with the HXNE Director)
- Saturday, August 6, 2016 after the NED Harmony Saturday Night Show (generally around 9:30pm)
- Sunday, August 7, 2016 between 8:00am and 9:30am.
Check-Out Part One:
- For Campers- Campers must go to their chaperone to retrieve their check-in/check-out card. Chaperones will only distribute check-in/check-out cards to participants who are departing that day and bring it with them to finish the other steps as outlined below.
- For Peer Leaders- Peer Leaders must go to the Peer Leader Coordinator to retrieve their check-in/check-out card and bring it with them to finish the other steps as outlined below.
- For Music Educators- Music Educators will receive their check-in/check-out card from HXNE Camp Staff prior to their departure and bring it with them to finish the other steps as outlined below.
- For Chaperones- Chaperones will receive their check-in/check-out card from HXNE Camp Staff prior to their departure and bring it with them to finish the other steps as outlined below.
Check-Out Part Two:
Return Access Card
Room Assignments & Key Access check-out will be facilitated by Worcester State University Staff and should expect to return their key access card
Check-Out Part Three:
Health and Safety
Health & Safety check-out is the final step of officially departing HXNE.
At check-out, participants will:
- Return their completed check-in/check-out card
- Have their wristband officially cut-off
- Any items taken away or kept for “safe-keeping” during camp, will be returned
- If participant is under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian or authorized emergency contact will sign-out participant