NED Seniors Chorus 2017 > 2018
Important Notice! FIRST REHEARSAL
Saturday, April 22 - 7:30 PM
Nashua Holiday Inn
(after the Eastern Chorus contests, evals and judges dinner)
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites • 9 Northeastern Blvd.
Nashua, NH 03062 <[<< MAP-2 >>]>
Updated: April 10, 2017
The ultimate purpose of this project is to perform onstage as part of the Seniors Chorus Festival at next year’s BHS Midwinter Convention in Costa Mesa, California, January 16-21, 2018.The expectation for the NED Seniors Chorus is to perform at a solid “B” scoring level. We are not at all interested in mediocrity.
- The minimum age for participants is 55. You must be at least 55 years of age as of January 19, 2018.
- All participants will learn these two songs:
- “Being With You”
- “Almost Like Being In Love”
- Learning tracks and music are available.
- There will be a visual plan for both these songs.
- We’re planning at least three rehearsals…
Eastern Regional: Windham, NH, weekend of April 22, 2017.
Western Regional: Lake George, NY, weekend of May 6, 2017.
Harmony College Northeast: Worcester, MA, weekend of August 5, 2017.At the NED District Fall Convention, we will gather and perform our two-song set in front of the Judging Panel. We must score higher than the minimal, qualifying score. We don’t yet know what this year’s qualifying score will be.
Here are a few expectations:
- All participants who intend to be onstage next January will be expected to attend at least one of the above-referenced rehearsals.
- All participants who intend to be onstage next January will be expected to be onstage, participating in the NED District Fall Contest performance to qualify.
- All participants in the NED District Fall Contest performance will be expected to purchase a Registration. We are negotiating a lesser price for those who will be performing with only the Seniors Chorus.
- All participants in the NED Seniors Chorus will pay a nominal fee to cover the cost of music, learning tracks, etc..
Later this fall, there will be links posted by BHS to ...1) register for the convention; and, 2) make hotel reservations.A major “upside” to this endeavor will be the opportunity to perform on an “International Stage”. While not the same as International in July, it will be a thrill to perform for such a large, appreciative and enthusiastic audience. This will be an opportunity for some of our seniors who might not otherwise have the chance to ever perform in an International setting.If you’re interested, if this sounds like something you would enjoy being part of, please send the following information to…
- Your Name
- Voice part
- Age (If you’re not 55, send the date you will turn 55.)
- Mobile phone number
- Email address
- Suggested name for the chorus (optional)This should be an outstanding opportunity! Thank you for your consideration!
Administrator: Ed Fritzen, NED Executive VP
Chorus Director: David Patterson