NED Board of Directors/Officers - 2017:
Vacancies filled by appointment of the NED President and ratified by the NED Board of Directors.
As voted-in by the NED House of Delegates on August 5, 2016 at HCNE at Worcester State University.
[ Format below: Position | Name with email link | Chapter ]
- President | Guy Haas | Concord, NH
- Executive Vice President | Edward Fritzen | Manchester, CT
- Immediate Past President| Murray Phillips | Kentville, NS *
- Secretary | Chris Henderson | Norwich, VT
- Treasurer | John Englander | Nashua, NH
- VP - Education*** | Christopher Howard | Portland, ME
- VP - Chorus Director Development | Eric Ruthenberg | Concord, NH
- VP - Contests & Judging | Alan Lamson | Manchester, CT
- VP – Events | Robert Bradley | Danbury, CT
- VP - Marketing & Public Relations| Steve Salamin | Keene, NH
- VP - Membership & Outreach | Sebastian "Sebby" Massa | Hartford, CT
- VP - Youth In Harmony | Rodrigo Alvarez | Concord, MA
* not elected: the position of NED Immediate Past President is assumed.
** appointed 01/25/2017
*** new position - replaces/incorporates VP-Music and VP-CSLT
NED Standing Committee Chairs - 2017
- Nominating Committee | Leo Ouellette
- Ethics Committee | Art Lively
- Governance & Bylaws Committee | Brian O'Leary
- Credentials Committee | Don Carlson
NED Division Managers/Chapter Advocates - 2017:
- Patriot Division | David Patterson |Concord, MA
- Mountain Division | Walt Lane | Schenectady, NY (and SLD's Mohawk Valley, NY)
- Yankee Division | (interim) Edward Fritzen | Manchester, CT
- Sunrise Division | Doug Schofield | Cape Breton, Dartmouth & Truro, NS, Canada
- Granite & Pine Divisions (split):
NED School Deans & Directors - 2017
- Leadership Academy Northeast 2017 | Edward Fritzen | Manchester, CT
- Top Gun 2017 | Christopher Howard | Portland, ME
- Harmony College Northeast 2017 | Christopher Howard | Portland, ME
- Harmony Explosion Camp NE 2017| Dan Anthony | Cape Cod, MA
NED Programs & Services - 2017:
- Bachelor of Barbershop Harmony Chairman | Art Lively | Laconia, NH
- Bachelor of Barbershop Harmony Treasurer | John Englander | Nashua, NH
- Chorus Director Workshop Intensive (CDWI) | Eric Ruthenberg | Concord, NH
- Standing Ovation Program Chairperson | Dianne Brooks
- Operations - Youth In Harmony | Niall Trimby | Laconia & Nashua, NH
Contact Us Here:
To more effectively route your inquiry to the appropriate person who is able to assist you, use the specific contact above. Select the specific person in the official "office" above and complete your email message to him or her.
Please use the form below to contact
Official Secretary of the Northeastern District:
Thank you, in advance, for your Contact form submission! We encourage your important views and comments.
The Secretary will route your message to the appropriate person(s), group/committee. You will receive an acknowledgement or receipt confirmation from him, though.
Please Note! We are hard working men, everyday, for ourselves, our families, the NED, our chapter(s) and chorus ... plus - we love to sing barbershop harmony! We are an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization. We have no formal office or receptionist.
The District Secretary usually receives your message in his email Inbox, soon after your submission, in the course of the day ... but he will most likely not see it until it is received by him in the evenings.
Which means ... we will do our best to respond in a timely way and as soon as possible ... but probably not today!
LEGAL mumbo-jumbo stuff:
Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of
Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America, Inc. (SPEBSQSA)
aka "The Barbershop Harmony Society"
Registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Nonprofit Corporation.
Contact: District Secretary - Chris Henderson
District Secretary - Mailing address: PO Box 861, Norwich, VT 05055
Date of Organization: December 1950
The NORTHEASTERN DISTRICT of the
Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop
Quartet Singing in America, Inc. (SPEBSQSA)
is an IRS 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Nonprofit Charitable Organization / Affiliated Group